In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Where my treasure is, there my heart will be also.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

I was very touched when I heard about a testimony of a Vietnamese Christian girl who can set aside many nights a week, plowing into ministry and the things of God. Not something that I have not heard before, but somehow last night when I heard about the life of this girl, I was particularly touched and impacted. It made me reflect on my life and the attitudes of my heart. Time is something that is precious. And to give much time to something, that something must be a treasure, something I would want to sow into, giving unto it things precious to me. Indeed, I ask that God will constantly consume me with all of Him, so that all of my heart will be unreservedly given unto Him, my treasure.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is His reward."
Psalm 127:3

It was very refreshing to learn that the "children" mentioned in vs 3 and vs 4 can also refer to spiritual children. I always thought upon it as physical children. It gave me a lot of encouragement hope to know that the Lord desires us to receive spiritual children as a heritage and reward. Lord, i thank You so much for blessing me with spiritual children. It is such a privilege. May You be Lord always of the sacred ministry You have entrusted to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home