In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Monday, October 09, 2006

Will I be found loving Jesus till the end?

"Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:12-13

There was something that was preached during yesterday's sermon that struck me and stuck in my heart the whole day and night.

"Will you still love Jesus when the crunch comes?"

I pondered upon this sentence and asked myself that. My desire is "Yes Lord, may I be found loving You till the end." But I can't help asking myself "Will I be found loving Him until the end?"

Like a child trudging towards the father, I went to the Lord last night and conversed with Him about how I felt.

""If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of His wrath....There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus."
Revelations 14: 9-12 (emphasis mine)

God reminded me 2 traits needed: Patient endurance and faithfulness
He further lead me to Hebrews 6:11-12 (emphasis mine)

"We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to be lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."

3 things that will help us grow in patient endurance and faithfulness:
(a) Diligence
(b) Not being lazy
(c) Imitating the faithful

Wow, considering I am asking God at this season to grant me more diligence, it is sweet to know He knows my needs and speaks.

Lord, keep my eyes fully on You. Not denying what is unpleasant or hurtful, but to bravely acknowledge them before You and allow You to teach me to rise up in faith to fix my eyes firmly on You. Only You.

P.S God answered my prayers by blessing me with a new strumming rhythm! Thank You God:)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi sis,
    just wanna encourage you that God will be with you till the end to see that you will be faithful to Jesus in the last days for He says in His Word:

    "May God Himself, the God of peace will sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is FAITHFUL and He WILL do it." (1 Thess 5: 23-24) Even when you face temptations from the devil, "The Lord is FAITHFUL and He will STRENGTHEN and PROTECT YOU from the evil one... May the Lord direct your heart into God's love and Christ's PERSEVERANCE" (2 Thess 3:3 - 5)You WILL therefore be able to "work out your salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who works IN you to will and to act according to his good purpose. " (Philipp 2:12-13) Sis, you will be found RIGHTEOUS and FAITHFUL to the end by God's GRACE! =)

    Love,
    Geri

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi sis,
    I forgot to congratulate u for your new ability to strum with a new rhythm! Wow! May God continue to ANOINT you with MUSICAL ability so that you can play ANOINTED music with your guitar!

    Love u lots,
    Geri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home