In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Monday, June 08, 2009

Teach Me to Number My Days


I realised there's a lot I can learn from Hannah. Today I was just reflecting on her ever bubbling enthusiasm and energy. She's always so energetic (sometimes we really run out of our breath trying to catch up with her!) and enthusiastic about everything! Every moment that she's awake, she's just wanting to explore and experience life to the fullest! (Oh no, did I scare away any potential babysitters when I write this?) Well, but the good news is our "Duracell Bunny" sleeps before 9pm every night for an average of 11hrs to recharge her batteries! (for another new day ahead!)
Facing her enthusiasm and zest for life, I am very reminded that I too, should return to the same zest for life. I wonder if it's a age thing for me (i'm not even 30 though!) for the mundane-ness that can set in at times. Sometimes, I think I can have more "life" for my life. So today, I am reminded of the Word of God from Psalms 90:12.

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."


Few ideas I catch:
1) There's a need for us to be TAUGHT to number our days. Because sometimes, it's not natural for us to do that as we live day after day. Letting each day pass by.

2) We need to NUMBER OUR DAYS ARIGHT. When we know that there's that fragility of life, we learn to then live purposefully.

3) When we learn to number our days, we can then gain WISDOM to live our days. To know what matters and to invest in that, and to know what to let go.

For me, as of now, I ask that the Lord teach me to live each day with purpose and zest. Now, who says God can't use a baby to teach?:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home