In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Sunday, September 07, 2008

His Grace Is Sufficient

"His grace is sufficient for me,
His strength is made perfect when I am weak.
All that I have,
I lay at His feet.
His grace is sufficient for me."


Lyrics of an old song. Can't even remember the title. But these words have been resounding in my mind these few days.

I believe God is speaking to me about entering into motherhood. That His grace will be more than sufficient for me. Have been led to read Proverbs all over again as I ask God for His wisdom to be a mother. He reminded me that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. And I pray that I will be a mother who will fear God always, for there lies His wisdom.

Maybe it's because I am a teacher and I do see some cases of how absent parents or poor family values have adversely affected many kids. And I tell myself that as a parent, I want to do my best to bring up my child, to give her the best environment to grow. Of course, ultimate growth comes from the Lord and therefore it's important to pray!

So I will also be looking forward to ask God if I should continue full-time teaching or switch to part time teaching upon completion of my leave. Will be a step of faith if I switch to part-time teaching as it will definately means more strain on our finances. But we believe that God is our Provider if He leads us that way.

Hannah is kicking and moving around much more. It's a beautiful experience to sense all her movements and feel her inside me. Amazing. Been feeling more tired nowadys and beginning to really slow down my life.

Awaiting a few more weeks to contractions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home