In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Thursday, November 09, 2006

At The Cross - "It is finished."

VERSE I
Oh Lord You've searched me,
You know my way;
Even when I fail You,
I know You love me.
Your holy presence
Surrounding me
In every season,
I know You love me;
I know You love me.

CHORUS:
At the cross I bow my knee,
Where Your blood was shed for me,
There's no greater love than this.
You have overcome the grave,
Your glory fills the highest place,
What can separate me now?

VERSE 2:
You go before me,
You shield my way,
Your hand upholds me;
I know You love me.

BRIDGE:
You tore the veil, You made a way
When You said that it is done.

And when the earth fades,
Falls from my eyes,
And You stand before me,
I know You love me;
I know You love me.

This period has indeed been very challenging. The Lord is bringing me face to face with what I am feeling about many things. Taking deliberate efforts not to deny but to acknowledge. One thing I always remind myself to live by is that I must not over complicated my faith and my relationship with God. It's really down to all about coming to the Cross and seeing what Jesus has done for you and me. And whatever that flows out of my heart is an outpour of my response to what Jesus has done. It's all about Jesus.

I am reminded about what Pastor Eugene shared during leaders' meeting. Sometimes, we search high and low on who God is and how He is like. And we must be reminded that Jesus is the exact representation of who God is. And when we look at who Jesus is, that is who God is.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word..." (Hebrews 1:3)

Dear Jesus, I know You are always with me. You know far above and beyond what I do. Dear Jesus, help me to feel what You want me to feel and continue to fill and saturate me with all that You have for me. Lord, lift my spirit up to where You want it to be. I love You and I ask that I will always know Your love deeper so that my worship of You flows purely out from my heart and my spirit. Thank You Lord.
I love You.

"When He has received the drink, Jesus said, "IT IS FINISHED." with that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit." (John 19:30 NIV, emphasis mine)

Jesus has finished what He was called to give His life for. Are we living in the finished work of the Cross?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home