In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

5 loaves and 2 Fishes


This entry is the result of 3 instances. Instances when I felt the Lord speaking to me. I hope it's His voice I hear for I needed the encouragement. Much needed.
1) At worship in service last week, we were singing the song "I love You Lord". And I just sensed the Lord asking me, "Mabel, do you love me more than these?" A familiar statement that Jesus said to Peter in John 21:15-17.
"15When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
16Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.""
I went home to read those few verses again, flipped open my devotional. And got reminded strongly... that when we love God, we serve Him. Our service to God is a response of our love for God. I remembered during the worship, I prayed to God to ask Him to help me love Him more, to make my love for Him one that is pure and steadfast. And that night as I read the Word He gave me, I just felt Him telling me that in my love for Him, a response would be to serve Him.

2) I flipped open the Bible and my eyes landed on this verse. Read it before. But it was at that moment that I felt it go straight into me again. 2 Corinthians 8:11-12.
"11Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have. "
I am reminded that my eager willingness to do God's work must be matched by my COMPLETION of it. If it is not complete, what then does my willingess count? Completion. Completion.

3) This one spoken the most recent and I must say, most gentle and heart-provoking. The song, "Five Loaves and Two Fishes" by Corrine May. The part of the song that ministered to me the most is:

""Take my five loaves and two fishes

Do with it as you will I surrender

Take my fears and inhibitions

All my burdens, my ambitions

You can use it all to feed them all"


I often think about that boy when I'm feeling small

and I worry that the work I do means nothing at all

But every single tear I cry is a diamond in His hands

and every door that slams in my faceI will offer up in prayer

So I'll give you every breadth that I have

Oh Lord, you can work miracles

All that you need is my "Amen""

I really really felt like this boy in the song. Lord, I do want to give You my all. To love You and serve You. But Lord, would You turn all my inhibitions and fears into something beautiful? Sometimes I do wonder if the work I do for Him matters at all. But Lord, I know it does. Make that a HEART conviction. Not a mind conviction. I seem to need that push of confidence so much. That what I do matters to You Lord.

Lord, all I have is five loaves and two fishes. Not much. Would You help me believe that You can use it all. Not me, but You..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home