In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Thursday, January 31, 2008

My times are in His Hand

Today's Psalm reading is Psalm 31. I have been thinking about the issue of trust again. Trusting God for a child. I realised that I can have many doubts in my heart about this issue and I know this is not pleasing unto the Lord. So Psalm 31:14-16 spoke to me a lot and I prayed that along with the psalmist.

"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say "You are my God." My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me. Make Your face to shine upon Your servant; save me in Your lovingkindness." (Psalm 31:14-16)

It struck me that to trust in God, I need to first know and be assured that He is MY God. A word that depicts such personal intimacy between God and me. God is not just the God, He is MY God! Yes, I am reminded that we trust more in those whom we have intimacy with. And I pray that I will have more intimacy with God.

I prayed to God that He will take control of everything. Even as I am tasked to lead a team to Cambodia for service-learning in June, I prayed that He will take charge of this issue coupled with His perfect timing to bless Evan and me with a child.

Lord, bless me with a heart that trusts in You, to know You are my God and to say assuredly that MY times are in Your Hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home