In Christ I am

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And God Spoke

Yesterday's sermon was alikened to God placing two loudspeakers beside my ears and speaking to me. Loud and clear:) And I thank Him tremendously for it. It's always a joy to hear the voice of God. It is the thing that I need to hear, the factor that unties every knot in my heart, the light that shines through any murky ways.

Well God spoke about a few things:

1. To deny myself as a cell leader. This means more than just to deny the time for myself, the energy needed etc. It's about denying myself in this whole ministry. It's about focusing on Jesus as the focus and not myself. It's about bringing glory to Him in what I do in this ministry and never even about how I would look like. This gives me renewed freedom on leading the group, because I am reminded again it's not about me, but about Jesus!

2. God used Pastor Khong to tell me, "NEVER GIVE UP!" The ministry is a training ground for me. Never give up! Never give up! Point taken clearly. All back doors closed at the altar.

3. I gave up all the burdens of my heart with regards to the ministry, to God. Pastor mentioned that when our hearts are disturbed, we can still do the vision, but we have lost the faith. How apt... And we can then get distant from God and there is no sense of restedness and fresh love for God. So I had a good time giving up the burdens to God. I really want to serve Him with a new fervour and love.

4. Self-consciousness is a result of sin. Genesis 3:7. And this speaks to me because I do struggle with that. And I know God is teaching me to be more God-conscious rather than self-conscious. Indeed, there's no end to an attitude that's self-serving.

5. What does success look like in the ministry? Is it about more and more people joining the group, or everyone evangelising and all? It's more than that! Sucess is also there when issues and problems start surfacing. And I thank God that He trust me enough to be a vessel through which He can deal with the issues in the people's lives. May I be found a good steward.

Lord, teach me and cause me to FOCUS on You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home